Disabled Accomplishments

Disabled Accomplishments
with Jo-Blogs

06 August 2009

Victory: Jo-Blogs 1, Parking Inspector 0

Just an update on my parking fine that I received from the airport a week ago. I sent them an email saying that they were in the wrong and I am not going to pay the fine.

Some of what I sent included:
“I couldn't have been parked for more than 10 minutes and as a holder of a disabled parking permit, I am allowed to park in a parking space that is 30 minutes or less for a maximum of 30 minutes so I have not broken any rules and I was certainly not asked to move along.”

“I work for Nova Employment which is a disability employment agency, I write a blog about how difficult it is to be a disabled person in society, I have written about this incident as I feel I was discriminated against, the security guard could've clearly seen my wheelchair on my roof.”

“There is no way I am paying this fine and I would like some acknowledgement of this letter and a response advising that the fine will be waived.”

I got a letter back yesterday stating:

“We refer to your recent correspondence regarding the above infringement notice.

We have reviewed your enquiry and advise that on this occasion we have cancelled the infringement notice.”

Short, but straight to the point. Yay! I win! They’ll think twice before fining someone with a wheelchair on their roof again!

No comments:

Post a Comment